In August Lenovo Launched the new Vibe K5 Note in India. And before launching the TWRP recovery nad Root access files are already out there. Do you guys want to flash new roms or custom roms and some of custom files on your Lenovo K5 Note Vibe. Then you came right place. For that types of custom roms and custom installation you will need to root your phone. Here are the tips on How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and install TWRP recovery on it.
Benefits of rooting Vibe K5 Note
- Able to install custom Roms on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Able to customize devices model, screen resolution, imei no, etc.
Warnings of rooting Vibe K5 Note:
- Rooting will void your mobile warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone.
- If your phone bricked by somehow we are not responsible for nay damage to your phone. Process at your own risk.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Vibe K5 Note:
- Minimal ADB tool – Download here
- TWRP Recover for K5 Note – It is under development not released yet.
- SuperSu.zip for Vibe k5 Note form chainfire.
Steps to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and Install TWRP recovery
Lets begin these steps. We will start first from the installing TWRP recovery then we will root the mobile with SuperSu. below are the guidance.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.
Step 1: First enable the USB debugging option in Vibe K5 Note.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make sure the developer options are active. for that we need to go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
Step 2: Open adb command window.
- Now go to folder where you downloaded or copied Fastboot files. In that folder where you will find the
- Hold the Shift Key and right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
Step 3: Connect the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note to PC.
- Connect your phone to PC or Laptop with using USB Cable.
Step 4: Reboot phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Your device will reboot into fastboot mode.
- If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly.
- You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
Step 6 Flash the TWRP Recovery.
- This is the tiime to flash the TWRP Recovery. To Start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.
How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note using TWRP Recovery
To root you phone you need to install the SuperSu.zip. This is the main file that will give you root access to your device.
Steps to install SuperSu in your phone.
- Move SuperSu.zip that you have downloaded, to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Lenovo Vibe K5 Note in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Vibe K5 Note . You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
It was complete guide on How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and Install TWRP on it safely. If you guys have any questions please let me know in the comment section.